District[x] Innovation Catalyst Resources
Here are a few of the core application resources associated with the District[x] Innovation Catalyst project submission:
Loveland[x] Work Samples
As the District[x] framework has been applied to locally in my school district, the following resources contain agendas and other documents linking to our work:
- Loveland[x] Innovation Team Framework: A guiding document for our work, responsibilities, and priorities.
- Loveland[x] Planning and Implementation: This resource served as a central planning document for key stakeholders.
- Loveland[x] Meeting Agendas: These messy, working documents provided loose agendas and running notes for each our Loveland[x] teams.
As our school district has adopted a district goal around innovation, our Loveland[x] team supports the work of #TigerInnovation in big ways. Here is the some of the work that has come as a result of our district goal:
- Innovative Instructional Grants: The purpose of the Innovative Classroom Grant is to provide Loveland City School District teachers the opportunity to implement an innovative classroom environment that positively impacts student achievement while supporting the district goals of growth, innovation, and care.
- Innovation Lab: The Innovation Lab course is a hands-on study of technology integration in an educational context which is currently available at Loveland High School
- Tiger One to World Initiative: The mission of the Tiger One-to-World Initiative is to provide access to technology to all of our students that expands the limits of learning within our classroom walls and beyond.
Design Thinking Protocols
Design thinking processes and methods are utilized within the District[x] framework to formalize the brainstorm and ideation process as a system used to support the work within districts, schools and individual classrooms. Located here are some of the protocols that we used locally, as well as some additional links to design thinking resources:
- A Design Thinking Sprint – DLTF Ideation: This spark deck was used with the Loveland[x] team to generate and operationalize ideas brought forward by the Destination Loveland Task Force around innovation, personalized learning, relevant experience and flexible options in our classrooms.
- A Design Thinking Sprint – The Digital Divide: This spark deck was used with groups of students and teachers in looking for ideas for addressing the digital divide locally in our community.
- A Design Thinking Sprint – Formative Assessment: This spark deck was used with a small group of principals and instructional leaders in generating ideas for an aligned plan for formative assessment professional development.
- #InnovateCincy Conference SparkBox: This collection of design thinking resources was shared with participants at this year’s #InnovateCincy Conference.
Relevant Blog Posts
I’ve put a few blogs out there in regards to the District[x] experience which you can find below, as well as through my Blog page:
- The Long Road Leading to #TOR16: Thoughts on the power of iteration and perseverance regarding my attempts at achieving Google Certified Innovator status.
- Loveland[x] Innovation Catalyst: A post originally published for my school district, this was our message to our families and community about the work of Loveland[x].
- #GoogleEI #TOR16: A long overdue reflection: Reflections on my Google Certified Innovator adventure; from inception to implementation.